You commit to us, we’ll commit to you.
With an honour’s degree in social psychology, a bachelor of education, 30+ years of group fitness/pilates instructional experience, and dozens of certifications to her name, there’s not a more qualified personal trainer in Prince Edward Island than Stephanie Knickle.
Her clients adore her, her community respects her, and people recognize her as a fitness powerhouse.
Current and past certifications include:
- YMCA of Canada Certified Group Fitness Leader
- Island Fitness Council/Fitness New Brunswick
- Group Fitness Leader & Resistance and Strength Leader
- IFC/Fitness NB Group Fitness and Resistance Training Course Conductor
- Canadian Physical, Activity, Fitness and Lifestyle Appraiser
- Certified STOTT PILATESTM Matwork in Essential, Intermediate and Advanced levels
- Certified STOTT PILATESTM Reformer in Essential, Intermediate and Advanced levels
- Certified Pre- and Post-Natal Fitness Specialist (Can-Fit-Pro)
- Certified Group TRXTM Suspension Trainer
- Completed training – Personal Fitness Trainer – 2015 (Fitness NB)
- STRONG by Zumba certified (2018)
Stephanie’s Continuing Education Workshops with STOTT PILATES:
- Flexband Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Stability Ball Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Functional Fitness for Golf Matwork and on the Reformer
- Fitness Circle Flow workout
- Mini-Stability Ball workout
- Essential and Intermediate Pilates on the BOSU
- STOTT PILATESTM for Men
- Pre- & Post-Natal Matwork
- Pre- & Post-Natal Flexband & Stability Ball
- Intermediate Pilates on the Edge
- Pre- and Post-Natal Pilates on the Edge
- Level 1 and 2 Pilates on the Foam Roller
- Resistance Training on the Reformer for Teens
- Pre-natal Pilates on the Reformer
- Athletic Conditioning on the Edge
- Athletic Conditioning on the Reformer
- Total Barre Training Level 1-2 and for Special Populations
Stephanie graduated from Dalhousie University in 1984 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science, specialising in pediatrics and neonatal care.
She began her fitness journey with IFC certifications in Basic Fitness and Group Fitness leadership in 1995 and became STOTT PILATES certified in Essential and Intermediate matwork in 2004 and in Essential and Intermediate Reformer in 2007. She is also certified as of 2006 in Aradia Pole Fitness levels 1-4 and Pole Flow, Cardiolates/Rebounder training in 2007 and Group TRX Suspension training in 2012.
Stephanie continues to educate herself annually with many professional development workshops including specialised pilates approaches for groups such as pre-natal, osteoporosis and rehabilitation of the shoulder and lumbar regions. Finally, she is certified in Merrithew Fitness’ TOTAL BARRE training in levels 1 and 2.
She believes fitness is a part of a healthy lifestyle and keeping it fun and inspiring makes it more do-able. She loves helping people achieve a better sense of health and well-being through fitness and getting them to smile while they are getting fit!
From the start, Kathleen has been a “mover”. From fidgeting her way through school, climbing trees, running the country hills, playing various sports to eventually finding Pilates in her teens. After practicing Pilates on her own for several years, she decided to pursue an education in Pilates in 2010 and began working with imotion fitness! STOTT PILATES provided a comprehensive 300+ hour training in Essential and Intermediate MatWork and Reformer – which was just the beginning! She maintains continuing education every year with STOTT PILATES, as well as recently completed the “Injuries and Special Populations” course where she received specialized training for Pre/Post Natal, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis and other special conditions. Kathleen teaches Matwork and Reformer both in group and private settings, and is also certified in TRX training.
She believes Pilates happens in and out of the studio, with awareness of how you’re breathing, how you’re moving, and how you’re thinking. She lives in Belfast with her 3 young children and husband, and everyone does Pilates!
Your body deserves the best treatment – it takes you through life and gives you everything you need throughout the day, what will you do regularly for it in return?
We are excited to have Karina join the imotion fitness training team! Karian comes from a very physically active background. She has danced since she was 4, studying Ballet, Jazz, Highland Dance and msot recently, Irish Dance. She has taken various training workshops, notably with the National Ballet School and Modern dance teacher, Peggy Baker. Karina finds fitness and dance to be the perfect balance to her hiking, canoeing, skiing, biking, waling etc…as a way to check in, stretch, and move the body in a fun and natural way.
She has been on stage as a dancer, in musical theatre, as a music artist, as a model and also starred in an independent suspense film in 2012 which was part of the Montreal film festival. She was nominated for a 2014, 2016 and 2017 Toronto independent Music Award as a Singer/Songwriter and has had air-play on CBC Radio. Karina is certified in STOTT Pilates Matwork, Kripalu Yoga, Pre-natal yoga, Chair Yoga for Seniors, Power Yoga, Zumba, Ballet Barre and Total Barre Fitness, Beginner Bellydance, Power Circuit, Aquafit and teaches a variety of classes including Stretch and Strength classes for dancers.
MIND – BODY – CORE
Join Us In Studio
Imotion fitness operates out of the lower level of the BDC Place at 119 Kent Street and operates in partnership with Atlantic Fitness Centre Downtown.
Imotion Fitness MIND BODY CORE owner/operator Stephanie Knickle, along with an experienced and certified STOTT PILATES® team of trainers, is pleased to offer a wide variety of core-focused classes for all levels of STOTT PILATES® matwork and specialty classes such as Group TRX® Suspension Training, Pilates for Osteoporosis and all levels of Reformer training. Our focus is helping clients create strength and proper alignment from the inside out.